Thursday, February 6, 2014

Playoff Time for Team Billoneys! Plus Kangaroo Court

     Another excellent day of baseball action. Team Billoneys entered the day with a stellar 4-1 record and the number 2 seed. Our first game of the day was considered a "practice" game since we already clinched our playoff spot. This gave us opportunity to have players play other positions. Earlier in the week Coop asked for any volunteers for catching. I stepped up. So today I made my catching debut. That was a blast. I really enjoyed the banter with the hitters and the Ump. I also didn't embarrassed myself either. I actually made a few plays. A couple of pop ups and a swinging "bunt" that I pounced on with my "cat" like reflexes!!!! Big Mike Aitken made the start and if we made some plays behind him, it would of been excellent. We made some costly errors. Mike pitched well, as did Mark Rowland. At the plate, I went 3-4 with a 2 out bases loaded double to clear the bases. But we lost the game nonetheless.
     The second game was what mattered. Playoff time. We jumped to an early lead in the first and never looked back. Winning 7-1. Will Adkins pitched another gem. I went 1-2 with a sac fly and 2 RBIs. A shout out to Larry Kutzleb for a couple fine catches in left today as well.
     On to the Kangaroo Court. I knew going in I would be "called to the carpet" for this blog. And I wasn't disappointed. The post on the announcement of the coaches was what got me in trouble. Of all the coaches to misspell their names I "picked" The Honorable Doug "Doung" Flynn! I took my medicine and paid a 20 dollar fine. All the proceeds for the court will go to wounded warriors. Another example of what  a classy organization (Reds) this is.
     During the week, on one night each team goes out to dinner as a group. After kangaroo court we all went to Bella Luna. A fine Italian eatery. A great time was had by all. Really enjoyed talking to Jack Billingham. His stories were great. This week has been the best in my life. Thanks again Karen!







No comments:

Post a Comment