Friday, February 14, 2014

Camp Reflections Part 3

    


     I was nervous making the pitching start in game 2. Looking back I wished I had a chance to warm up on a mound. I got those first two outs then the bottom fell out. I guess I can be happy that I didn't hit anyone. Nick came in and pitched 6 1/3 solid innings. Thanks for the pickup Nick!
     I want to thank Jack Billingham for my stand up triple! I was content with the double, but he waved me over to third. My quads thank him as well!
      Now for the cold tub! Holy Crap! Yep my first dip into that was a fun experience. But it did help my legs. Speaking of the tubs. I really got into the routine of the camp. Especially the hot tub soak in the morning after breakfast. If only I could do that everyday before coming into Cincinnati Bell......
      My wife Karen has some special memories as well from last week. She had the pleasure of sharing the shuttle once from the hotel with "Mr Perfect". Pleasant conversation ensued. Can you say as Spock referred to in "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" "Colorful Metaphors". Actually Tom had her cracking up the whole time. Another thing she told me about was the day Will Scott's wife Jeffery (not sure on that spelling) was ill and didn't make it out to the complex. Word got to the food staff, and they made her a lunch plate. One of the other wives took it back to the hotel for her. Another example what a class organization from top to bottom the Reds are.

No comments:

Post a Comment