Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A VERY LONG Day of Baseball and Fun! Plus my hit off Mr. Perfect!

      Wow, where to begin? First off Team Billoneys are 4 and 1 so far. Tied for first! That was accomplished by defeating the first place team in the morning game by a score of 3 to 1. Excitement until the final out. With one out in the bottom of the 7th and a man on 3rd, a fly ball to center for an easy catch by Mark Adkins who gunned down the runner trying to tag up and score. Our catcher Mike Hensberry applying the tag on the one hop to him, for a bang bang final out securing the victory! Nick Palmisano earned his second victory.  
     The second game we started out real strong. Equally in part from poor pitching and some real slugging. I led off for the first time in camp. (At this point I want a shout out for our crony "Coop". During morning BP he came around to all of us showing us Pics of Joey Votto, and Jay Bruce. Showing us how they keep their weight back on the back foot. It was a slight adjustment for my part, but what a difference it made. My second round of BP was very solid. Thanks Coop for those visuals!!) Anyway back to the afternoon game. We jumped to a 9 zip lead in the top of the first. Lots off walks and great hits. Will Adkins lead the way with what  should of been a Grand Slam but was called off due to him passing the runner on first? It was ruled he was out, but 3 runs scored. I called it a 3 run Sac Fly! I was able to bat twice in the first inning. At this point, after chasing the starter,and the reliever  "Mr Perfect" Tom Browning came in to put out the fire. After fighting/fouling off a few pitches, I was able to smack a hard grounder up the middle for a base hit to continue the inning. When the inning finally came to a close, everyone told me to have Tom sign the ball for me. Later in the game I asked Tom if he could, and to take a photo with me. Real nice guy. Back to the game again. It was what Marty would describe as a "Titanic Struggle" Final Score 19 to 15! Mark Adkins earned the victory. Tony Maas....well on second thought never mind. Tony believe me, I know how you feel. A 3 hour marathon!
     The Q and A with Walt and Bryan was very good to finish up another day of Baseball Heaven!
P.S. Photos of Tom Browning and myself should posted soon on the Flickr site. Once they are I will update this post.

Q and A with Walt and Bryan

Tom Browning

 


Karen and the Blogger




No comments:

Post a Comment